Tuesday, November 29, 2005

occupation deficit syndrom....

the jobhunt is NOT looking good, if i'm lucky it might change and otherwise, i won't get anything until january, we'll see, no matter what, i'm not giving up yet...
so anyway, to avoid becoming an unemployed drunk with a gambling problem, i've become the perfect housewife...
i know... weird!!
yesterday, i cleaned up and re-organised the house, my motto being " a place for everything, everything in it's place"
I know... weird!!
today, I am baking a cheesecake.......don't say it, I know!! it's still in the oven but if by some strange miracle, it is successful, then it will be a happy welcome into the world of cake baking... as it is my first attempt ever....weird? no not really, I am a city girl afterall, i don't DO cakes, I eat them!
anyway, the oven is my new best friend so i might go hang out in the kitchen for a while...
c yas

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

extraño

when after all, becoming a housewife was always to be my career of choice

see it doesn't look so bad now eh? for all those who ever doubted my career path

love the new and improved laure just as much, especially if it means i get cheesecake now

Anonymous said...

Sounds cool to me. There sure is nothing wrong with enjoying the "simple" pleasures of house and home.

Anonymous said...

P.S. And it's even sweeter when you have beautiful babies napping as you tidy, bake or whatever. The crisp winter skies and luminous sunshine remind me very much of winter in Aqaba when you and Paulu were doing just that. I do miss that period but time moves us on. Whoddathunk that Texas could remind me of Jordan ?