Tuesday, January 09, 2007

What is the difference between a stroll and a hike...?

there is none, it only depends on who you ask...
for instance, we are once again (and have been for the last 6 months at least) in the process of building some furniture, in this case a bench for the bedroom which should look really good, but as I.G. has gone home for a week and I need constant entertainment, I have made it my duty to sand the already assembled carcass of our construction. Considering we are equiped with a highly performant electric sander and I.G. assured me that it was pretty easy-going and would only take a few minutes, you can imagine my surprise when I realised that sanding was actually pretty hard work and after the better part of two hours in our "workshop", only a sharp eye could spot the difference between before and after.... still, my eye is pretty tuned and i am hoping for some recognition when I.G gets back from his little holiday! I am blaming the difficulty of the task on two things, my possible lack of experience/biceps (I haven't been quite as determined with my swimming lately) and more importantly the sandpaper itself which isn't quite coarse enough for the task. Still, I must have looked pretty damn cool as a sunday D-I-Y supa-chick so all is not bad!
other than that, I would like to introduce you to the new look of my blog, it is a new year after all and one resolution is to be a better blogger this year than in the last few months so it is only appropriate that this blog gets a breath of fresh air here and there, plus i think it looks quite distinguished like that... whadayathink?
finally, I would describe my current mood as bittersweet as after two wonderful weeks on the ranch, I am feeling a bit sad but normal life should kick in anytime now and I can only be happy that we all had such a good time and will be looking forward to the next. In the mean time, Sydney is always as beautiful and good to me so I can't complain, can I?


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a surprise to see your new look. I'd say there may be a subconscious inspiration from Maverick there. I can almost smell the leather goods. It has a very warm feel to it so I say good job ! Your carpentry sounds like fun and please be careful of your eyes and fingers of course. What was the name of the Alain Chabat cassette with D-I-Y supa chicks to demonstrate this type of skill ? Cool collage full of nothing but wonderful memories.

Anonymous said...

me likey the new look.

and the photos show the general energy of the time in texas so beautifully, no wonder fro likes the dot, he can wear a beret than any french man i'ver ever seen. (i think the no evil picture needs to be enlarged and hanged!)

sweet potatoe said...

i'm very glad my entire readership approves of the new style!
which one is the no evil photo? the monkeys? if so, it is one of my favourites but as soon as i get them onto paper, i'll show you the entire lot, not to worry!!

Anonymous said...

"Hear no evil, speak no evil, see no evil" is the expression. How strange that it doesn't exist in French ... NOT !

Anonymous said...

Already Sunday for you and I hope Christo gets home from home safely today and is impressed with your sanding. It is below freezing in Cowtown at the moment so you aren't missing anything except the beauty of rain drops turned into ice on all the trees.

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful long weekend and may it please bring some new postings to your readership !

Anonymous said...

Now that you have slightly more free time, maybe we will get a new posting. I tried to comment on Cazita's new posting but I couldn't access the comments. Anyway Caz, you had me fooled about the apartment ... NOT !

Anonymous said...

Mettre à jour svp la mademoiselle ou changer le nom de votre blog en 'Marcel Marceau'