Friday, March 31, 2006

happy.............

Birthday to youuuuuuuu!!!
In a few different ways, today or tonight is a bit special and it’s like everything came together to make it that way.
Special because I am able to take the time to write an entry…(it could be a long one my friends) as Chris is out at a rugby game with his uncle tonight (a kind of bonding session I suppose) which means I can use the computer and it is Friday night which means I don’t have to do any homework either ( and yes, I have been bringing work home with me….).
What’s special is not so much the entry itself though but more the fact that it is TODAY and why is today different…?
Well, precisely!! Because, we are celebrating this blog’s first birthday!!!!!! Wouhou partay on!!! So we are celebrating the existence of this blog but does anyone remember how or why this blog came about?? Well yes again, a year ago today, Chris left and was on his way to Nepal which was the subject of the very first entry…
So as things don’t always follow the plan (ask Caz), this blog was intended to be a record of Chris’ travels and I guess it started that way but quickly turned into a big jumble of stuff, from daily life material to whatever crossed my mind… I don’t think I will forcefully subject anyone to a long and tedious flashback session but I will definitely skim through the “pages” myself and have a good laugh or a private smile about what appears on the screen…. How time flies, it’s funny and how small events, because they were recorded at the time keep their freshness intact…. And so Caz, you might remember the “Macarena” entry quite well, and or the photos of one fateful night at the CBH when we met the Frog man…., possibly even our daytrip to East lakes…. I realise by going through it that most of the blog ended up being dedicated to you and our common silliness (caz), that;s alright, I don’t think I’ll stop laughing about it for a while still….
Anyway, Revisiting all these great memories makes me regret not having posted more often lately and well, this blog is also the proof that nothing is ever too boring to find it’s place in there…. So after a whole year of random bable, I decide that it must go on for at least another one and another one and…… because, it’s actually pretty cool!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

since yan and i aren't there to play the traditional birthday cd, i just thought i'd copy and paste

"Happy Birthday"
stevie wonder

You know it doesn't make much sense
There ought to be a law against
Anyone who takes offense
At a day in your celebration
Cause we all know in our minds
That there ought to be a time
That we can set aside
To show just how much we love you
And I'm sure you would agree
It couldn't fit more perfectly
Than to have a world party on the day you came to be

Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday

continues and continues and continues

Anonymous said...

in the spirit of birthday's i too re-read the old pink blog, and had a great time remembering, making me all the more home sick, do we have to grow up one day, and can't be silly anymore?

things i forgot
'meat o'clock' a very godly hour
my song 'one week & 2 days' which reminds me why didn't i get a song missy
CBH and me putting my foot into it again and again with the canadian guy
yes yes the macerena morning...urghh
chinese bbq chop suey disaster
did i ever go to the gym, wow

just realised how fantastic blogs are for a really good flashback session... don't think we should ever stop them

love you and happy birthday

Anonymous said...

et tu n'imagines pas à quel point ce blog est important pour garder le contact avec toi...
Bisous,
Papa

Anonymous said...

Ay, ay mates, I'm sure we'll all drink to that ! Not to sending the Christo off to the far away lands, but to your blog. The fact that the daughter for whom Stevie Wonder wrote "Happy Birthday" is now an adult singer in her own right, does remind us of how time flies and is doubly precious when documented in pink !