Sunday, April 02, 2006

boy oh boy

it's the start of anotehr year on this blog and so i really ought to put a bit of effort into it and write a line or two from time to time....it's all about discipline...
and not only the blog, this mornong we (as in Emma, Chris and meself) went to the Unipool...at 8 (thank god for day light saving business as it changed this morning so it was really 9 o'clock...) anyway, i swam 800 m while the Van Lint gang swam 2.5K but I don't care because I had a whole lane all to myself and i was making up my own very personal swimming style...kicking and using the floating kick board as a pillow....so cooool!!
i finished swimming a tiny bit before they did and so I was able to observe real discipline... when they swim, their bodies are like machines, with every movement so clear and sharp and defined within time and space.... pretty cool to watch plus i get to see how the sommersault thing at the end of a lap is really done, like on TV...
around 9, we went to Em's house and has deeeelicious pancakes, ohh so yummy!!!
After that we went home and that;s about where the exciting stuff ends really. oh yeah, i repoted my cactus friends (still alive) and so I expect them to loook very happy soon, at the moment they still look fairly tiny in their new big pot...
and now that;s really it, chris is stuck doing homework and I wander from one room to the other finding temporary occupations, i think i might go put my glasses on and have a bit of reading time.... reading a supa good book at the moment, but can;t say too much about it yet....
ciao, i hope this new entry will set a pattern for the year to come....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you, swimming 800m. I wonder if I even walk that distance anymore in a day. You were a very determined swimmer when you were a little girl, as you'd leave the shore and go to Papa's boat which seemed so far away. I'd see your adorable head getting closer and closer and I'd hold my breath until you got there, which you always did. I bet it is as beautiful as you describe to see professional swimmers in action. So, it's also birthday time for your faithful and robust cactii, isn't it ? I have a great book to send you, the book that has gotten me back to reading after years of mental block and magazines, so I'm very excited about that.