Saturday, September 03, 2005

early week-end

It's only saturday night and I don't really feel any frustration about not going out tonight, well a bit but not too bad since this week we sort of had an early week-end with Caz.
The grand opening of "Charlie and the chocolate factory" was on thursday night, so Caz came here right after work and we didn't miss our chance of being amongst the first aussies to watch it. And, as I was hoping, it was well worth it. Johnny Depp is such a good actor and that role reminded me of him as edward scissor hands, slightly weird, intriguing and sooooo charming.... well, sort of. I think I might want to re-read the book, i don't care if it's for kids, even better in fact.
Yesterday (friday), we met up with fff in Newtown and I brought my computer for him to transfer most of his music and a few other goodies, so basically, name it, i've got it now!!!!! i've been burning for hours and i'm still not finished..... good stuff!!!!!
From his place, we went to the Law review, the syd uni one, and although some jokes were impossible for the poor frenchies to understand, it was great. It was just amazing how well it was planned and prepared, it all went so smoothly and was very funny. Most of the skits were a few minutes, there were some in between bits that were about 20 seconds or so (i liked those, they were cool) and some much longer ones, well singing bits with dancing and everything, that was awesome, especially the grand finale. Although the subject (the bali 9) was sad, it was hilarious and well, it confirms that humor is a good way of talking about delicate subjects. of course, a bunch of guys in tutus probably helped too...... they were so cute though and they all looked so happy.
Today, I can't really say I did much work but at least I went out for a little bit. Went to Westfield Bondi Junction and spent most of my time at the bookstore.... hihihihi, that was cool, well in a geek sort of way but i love bookstores so.....
That's about it really, I've been burning eversince, and watching episodes of Daria, the second best cartoon ever, after the Simpsons of course.
I have to force myself to do work tomorrow, and I will, no choice in the matter really or i'll be in biiiiig trouble anytime soon,
Well, time to go to bed on this side of the world amigos, I'll write again soon, youhou!!!!!
ps : did i forget to mention that in one bit of the review, the students were......... (sorry about the bad quality of the photos but it's there... no?)

No comments: