Wednesday, August 23, 2006

getting ready and stressing a bit

in the last couple days, i have been preparing myself for the shooting of my upcoming photography assignment, the andy warhol one and although i think i have found an interesting approach to it, it also ends up being more challenging for me than anything i have done so far....
the main difficulty is that i will not one or two but three models (caz and chris + myself since i don't have enough human resources to have a third person in that isn't me....) it's actually the first time i will be taking photos of people with a "project" in mind... and that scares me a little since i don't want my own stress to spread to my "models" and end up screwing it up. i know they will patient with me and chris knows enough to help me through this new step...
difficulty number two is that i want my photos to be equivalent to a studio setting with basically no background (except for black or white) but the problem here is that i know close to nothing about lighting, how to use a flash or even use natural lighting in an optimum way... once again, practice is the only master and so i will make mistakes and improve like that...
finally, i will be attempting multiple exposures on a black background which i have NEVER done and although i have spent the last two days reading a lot of stuff on the internet, i'm still pretty nervous about it.... only thing is to try and see...
so yes, although i'm pretty excited because if it turns out, it could be a relatively interesting project but there is quite a big chance that i will just blow it badly...... let's just hope the camera is on my side............

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm certain you will learn a lot from this and you have clearly already thought it out thoroughly. As you say, the rest is up to the camera. Too bad we can't fly Expert John in for your shoot to give a helping hand ...

Anonymous said...

and FB it shouldn't be too bad, if you were trying to capture life before boarding a plane, i would not volunteer, that would be stressful, but i think handling two hotties infront of the camera is going to be easy, and if you get to worried chris and i can do our ROCKY routine to help you laugh (becaause you remember the ladt time we did it so well, but it was hilarious)

Anonymous said...

Too bad you don't have Paultru to sing "Like a Prayer" the way he just did in the car with his Chris on the way to a soul food restaurant. I called him up to talk because Marco just suggested I write a book rather than talking to him. He said he'd read it some day if I left him in peace now ... At least I had a ball at Tar-jay and Kohl's buying fabulous finds for myself. Now I just have to get myself a life to dress up !

Anonymous said...

As you work on this important creative project, I have to say that today at Target, I saw the best Barbie activity book and felt so sad that it was no longer appropriate. It was full of fun and innovative things. Oh well, you never let me color anyway ...

sweet potatoe said...

oh well, maybe it will become appropriate again sometime in the future....i'm all ready for my photo shoot now, even went to get a few extra little bits for the camera and nerdily called caz afterwards because i was so full of glee...

Anonymous said...

NERD

Anonymous said...

This is how I see the shoot : Christo sitting in a wife-beater with a beer and a bag of potato chips in a gloomy kitchen with a clock on the wall. Caz doing the same, hour after hour. Then there is a shot of Christo the star, very chic and suave, giving his autograph to meek, adoring Caz. Then both back to their identical boring routines. The question is why is one person famous and not everyone ? Christo had his moment and will Caz be nexto ?

Anonymous said...

isn't it ladies first?

Anonymous said...

I guess you are fully absorbed by your assignment. I just want to wish you a fun last day with Papa and tell you Lolo made it home at 6 am this morning after having missed his flight from LA, making a grand total of 32 hours of travel.