Monday, October 03, 2005

rich and famous...soon

Hey yellow there,
I'm just dropping by to give a little update on what has been happening with the design studio and everything else...
After almost 48 hours without sleeping, we (as in Tina and I) managed to produce a great presentation with drawings, and a model of our project. I knew that the last night would be very very loooong so I brought what i would take along if i went camping. I brought lots of food, mainly peanut butter and cheese, a blanket, and the best was the kettle and some instant coffee to keep going at night...
The presentation went on all day sunday and went well. We could have talked about the project about many hours but only had 5 minutes which was very frustrating... Anyway, a few of the projects have been selected after the presentation to be part of an exhibition organised by the Historic Houses Trust in Sydney.
Let me explain, the design studio was based on the Elizabeth Bay house that I have shown in an earlier post on this blog. And the HHT is inviting designers and architects to propose ways of changing the house, which is a museum at the moment, back into a house...
So as students, we are also invited to participate in that project and, well, I know the suspense is unbearable but Tina and I are amongst the lucky ones who will be on show for the next 6 months...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the stuff has to be ready by thursday which is a drag since we have other things to do as well, but it's still very very exciting!!
the other, and maybe even more, exciting news is that , since I have taken photos all week of the studio, I have also been invited to make a panel of a selection of photos that will be shown at the exhibition too!!!!! yeah, i know, that's pretty cool and i'm really excited about that...
Ok enough talking about me,
Chris got back for the week end, and eventhoug I was in the studio half the time, it was still wonderful to spend some time with him. We went to a bbq this afternoon with a few people from Uni and it was really nice. It was very hot and the food was yummy, and basically, it was just nice to hang out for a bit. He is leaving tomorrow morning to go spend a week in Albury and then, he'll be back for good. In teh mean time, i'll just have to catch up on a few classes and it should all be good.
Finally, my Cazita has left this morning to go on her big trip to South America. The new link on the side is to her blog. I guess mothe will be interested in following that daily. I sure will be, if it makes her feel closer to here and the Randwick Royal. Oh cazita, what am i meant to do without you here!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm not sure how long you still have to go on the plane but you should be getting tehre fairly soon, i love you dragonita, fb
love ya'll

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hola,

missing you already beacho, thank you for coming to the airport, the tears stopped mostly there, a little as i flew over my house... no tiredness has drained me of all emotion
love you and take care of you caracol
xxx

Anonymous said...

The description of your success moved me to tears, so here you are with your Cazita and your Mothita both "sweating of the eyes" comme on dit. Tears of love for you and of pride in you.

sweet potatoe said...

i don't want to jinks it but i might have some even better news to announce in the next few days... sustense...

Anonymous said...

OOOOOUUUUUUHHHHHH, quel travail, que de nuits blanches et de charettes.

Je suis très fier de toi à distance et attend avec impatience les photos de votre projet.

Bisous,

Papa