Thursday, August 18, 2005

travel bug


I just spoke to Chris for exactly 6 minutes, before the stoooopid phone card hung up on us... again.
It's hard to keep track of my favourite travel bug in the northern hemisphere but after Venice, he is now in Verona (country of Romeo and Juliet, although apparently the balcony is "lame") and on his way to Florence. He didn't find Venice that romantic, but maybe being alone and surrounded by over-weight american tourists didn't do the trick... plus I almost forgot about the fearless pigeons you could step on before they would get out of your way....
Apparently, the Carlo Scarpa museum was wonderful (in Verona) and he is, I quote, "the best architect". I'm glad that was more inspiring than the balcony.
Overall, I miss him tremendously but what he is doing is well worth it and my only regret is not being able to join in the adventure... next time...
Soon, I'll be hearing from another trip, on another continent but still in the Southern Hemisphere for part of it, and I shall be heart-broken all over again but it is also for a good cause.
In the Northern hemisphere again, my little Texan family seems to be settling in quite happily and well, I'll just say, fear da warriors!!!!!!!
Papa will soon be traveling to Seattle to visit my dear Paulu and I can't wait to hear about that, I think it will be wonderful and so cute to imagine two of the most important men in my life strolling along the streets of Sea-lle.
All my love to all my most wonderful travel bugs and butterflies-to-be, FB

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, that balcony is lame, especially when there's a man holding a rose and posing like a statue under it, but Venice is definitely worth seeing "à deux." I do hope Chris visited Peggy Guggenheim's house and collection there. I will check out the architect he loves. D'ya think Papa & Paulu will take the shu-lle from the airport to Sea-lle ?