Thursday, May 12, 2005

fre(n)ch news

Hello there, things are going well, I have trouble falling asleep at night because my head is boiling with ideas for the different assignments i have to do. well, it's especially the cofa one that keeps me awake, so i keep my fat little notebook next to me and from time to time, i turn on the light and write something, i even make really dodgy sketches that make sense only to me. So yeah, I'm feeling a bit stimulated by all that and will try not to keep it to the last minute so that I might have a chance to do well.

Yesterday, I had the cofa class and in a last minute type of thing, we ended up going to the MCA to see the exhibition i went to see a few days ago (Rosemary Laing). It doesn't matter because it was more interesting to go with the teacher. Anyway, once we were done, everyone kinda left separatly but i ended up walking back and taking the bus with the teacher, and we had a nice "grown-up" talk, so i asked about post-graduate stuff etc... and then I said that I'd like to work as an assistant photographer (if possible architectural) and she said that she knew at least one and could ask him if he wanted an assistant, and if not, if he knew anyone who might etc.... so then i said, well unfortunately, now I have to start looking for a real office job with an architect and she asked if i had found an architect or knew anyone, so I said, no, and then she said that she knew some and that I should give her my stuff and that she would pass it on to them etc... So I think that's great, and I have to get my resume etc... ready to give it to her and see what happens with that. I also have to show her that I am a good dertermined student so that she can talk in good about me... Anyway, now i want to check if they would accept the assistant job as part of the work experience. That would be cool. I might send an email to Ann Quinlan and Jane Castle about that and see what they say about it. So yeah, that's my new plan of action, we shall see...

Other than that, I have to go into the city to get a new battery for my daddy's camera because it's flat. I'm feeling a bit lazy about doing that but I have to. I also want to go to uni to take digital photos of the red centre to get an idea of what i'm doing, before i start taking real ones. And on top of that, we, as a group with Sagar and Justine, need to get moving on the Barcelona assignment. I have a feeling it will end up being a last minute thing and I'm not very happy about it so I might have to either motivate the troops or start on my own, just to get it moving a bit. Since it isn't due until we get to barcelona, they are both putting stuff in front of it in terms of priorities but it's actually quite a bit of work so we better not wait too long or it's gonna be shit.

Well, as you can see, my life at the moment revolves around uni, since i don't actually have a life. Caz hasn't been here for a long time now, so I miss her a bit. She's pretty busy with work and other things, she had an award ceremony a few days ago because she was the best student for the first 3 years. I don't know how she does it or what she does to get those things but it's pretty cool.

Allright, you must all be playing dead by now, so i better go take a shower,

No comments: