Wednesday, May 25, 2005

the time traveler's wife

"It's hard being left behind. I wait for Henry, not knowing where he is, wondering if he's okay. It's hard to be the one who stays.
I keep myself busy. The time goes faster that way.
I got to sleep alone, and wake up alone. I take walks. I work until I'm tired. I watch the wind play with the trash that's been under the snow all winter. Everything seems simple until you think about it. Why is love intensified by absence?
Long ago, men went to sea and women waited for them, standing on the edge of the water, scanning the horizon for the tiny ship. Now I wait for henry. I wait for him. Each moment is as slow and transparent as glass. Through each moment I can see infinite moments lined up, waiting. Why has he gone where I cannot follow?"

This is the prologue to the book I am reading right now, does it make sense why I picked it???

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Quel est le titre du livre ? De qui ?

Verdict final après lecture ?

Jean, alias Papa

sweet potatoe said...

le titre est "the time traveler's wife" de audrey niffeneger et le verdict est que je l'ai lu en deux jours sans pouvoir m'arreter. je peux l'ammener quand je viens si tu veux le lire. j'ecrirai un blog a propos du livre un de ces jours.