Monday, April 11, 2005

out of proportion

whenever I don't actually achieve something I have comitted myself to, I feel a terrible sense of guilt paired with the feeling of having failed, or being a failure. Most of the time, all I need in that case, is someone to put things back where they belong and make me see how the situation really is.
I have an assignment due on wednesday and, mostly due to technical difficulties encountered throughout the process, I am still missing part of it. Yesterday, I wasn't able to resist my own laziness and was extremely easily convinced to do nothing with Caz. The weather was absolutely beautiful, cloud-less and hot. In other words, it was a perfect weather to either have a bbq in Coogee followed by nothingness filled with giggling, or taking photos for my assignment. Well, after checking the (lying) weather forecast, I decided that today would be just as good to take photos and opted for the quality time instead.
Well, as often when I keep things for the last minute, elements beyond my control turn themselves against the lazy goanna that I am and make my task more difficult. It is a well known fact that leaving things for later is BAD, will make things more difficult and annoying, and you will probably run out of luck!!!
Today was rainy, everytime I tried (and I did twice) to go ou to take photos, it started raining again and I didn't want to wet my camera.
Now I am in the obvious situation of seriously running out of time and self-control and, what do I do in that case : yes over-dramatise the facts and make them sound absolutely horrible.
Good thing some people take care of me and keep an eye on my well-being, since apparently, i'm not the best at doing it myself.
So Caz, thank you so much for calling me up today, giving me advice, and telling me that the end of the world wasn't in sight quite yet. Thank you for making me realise that this assignment is only worth 10%, that the other ones will be a lot more important, advising me to write an email to my tutor explaining the situation rather than panicking non-stop until wednesday and making me understand that considering the situation, stress just won't help me at all and that I should just focus on doing my best in the bit of time that I still have left.
Hopefully the weather won't be too bad tomorrow and I'll be able to take the photos I want, otherwise, it will have to be plan B and no matter what I'll have something to show.
Now I better go to bed because I'm going to have to wake up early tomorrow to start a LONG day running around between centenial park, unsw and cofa.
Nighty-night to all of you who take the time to listen to me winging all day and night long,
love you, FB

No comments: