Monday, April 18, 2005

week end in KaTOooomba

hey baby, I haven't written you for a while, although to you it will appear as I had never stopped since you will get all my emails at once and freak out.
We had an awesome week end in Katoomba with caz and nixta. It was great, and we didn't stop laughing except when we were asleep. Nikki had to do a bit of work on the train and caz and I went wild but she joined us as soon as we got off the train.
We went for one night and stayed at the YHA hostel that's right at the bottom of the main street. It's a really beautiful place with some cool art nouveau lamp posts. We had a private room for 3 and even our own disabled bathroom with a bench in the shower.
The first day, saturday, was allright but the weather was quite grey so we decided to keep the walk for sunday. We were kinda hoping that it would rain on sunday and wouldn't be able to walk but it was beautiful so we had no choice and did the rainforest walk down, and caught that cool steep train up. You should have seen us, scared like three old women at luna park. it was funny.
So instead of the walk on saturday, we took a nap and then went to the pub. it turns out there really is only one pub in katoomba and they were playing the rugby. We had to share a table with three people because otherwise, we would have to stand. They were very nice although one kept burping and we had trouble determining the gender of another one, she was a she but it wasn't totally obvious at first. They all work for things that sell "adventures" like canyoning, abseiling etc... at some stage they ordered some wedges but weren't even touching them and they were getting cold. Luckily, they left after a while and we ate their chips. They were cold but still very very yummy.
Then we went back to the hostel, and it didn't take too long before we went to sleep.
So yeah sunday, we had brekki at the hostel and went out for a coffee and then went on our walk. It was very nice and quite beautiful. I took a few pictures with my dad's camera, in colour so i hope they turn out nicely. we will see soon. I tried taking a few portraits of caz and nikky, i hope they are good.
After the walk, we had a nice lunch and took the train back. Carol and I went a bit loco on the train and poor nikky had a bit of trouble focusing on her homework this time. Caz then slept over here and went to work early this morning. i just got up pretty much and have a bit of boring work to do, uuugh, great. Anyway, that's how it is so i better get moving.
I'm not sure when you are lickely to be back from your trek so i guess it will be a surprise, a very very good surprise since I just can't wait to hear news from you. I miss you very much my sweetheart and hope to speak to you soon,
I love you I love you and I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVEEEEEEE UUUUUUUUUUU,
your princess

No comments: