Wednesday, April 06, 2005

two unforgiving and unforgivable mistakes...

After trying my new friend sput-nik and taking a bit over 20 photos, I have made two unforgiving and unforgivable mistakes!!!
First of all, I have forgotten to change the ISO speed from 100 to 400 which means that every single picture would have been over-exposed by two stops since the camera thought it was dealing with a slow film when really, a fast film was feeding the beast.
As you might have noticed if you were reading carefully the sentence above, I said "...WOULD have been..." well, that is the result of the second and probably by far worse mistake of the two... yes yes yes, I hadn't loaded the film properly so my poor friend was actually starving but wasn't saying anything to me!! So it is essentially my fault but this also demonstrates how a bad communication within a team, or in that case, a couple might affect their common goals and lead directly to a waste of resources, time and trust.
Anyway, there I go again, this time I know the film is loaded since I spent about 10 minutes crowching in the dark between the bathroom and the living area, making sure that my companion was being fed and I have changed the ISO to 400. Hopefully, it will be more successful this time until I realise that it is possible to make another mistake that I still can't think of...
Wish me luck.... I need it

No comments: